If you love your pet, it’s probably a good idea to know if the water you’re supplying for them is good for them.
If you have a water softener, the answer to this question is, in general, soft water is good for your pet. But, it’s worth noting that if your water is softened with salt, your pet might have some health problems if they are on a low-sodium diet.
If you do not have a water softener, one thing you should always remember, however, is that your pets can still ingest some hard minerals through their digestive system if they drink hard water. This is true even with small amounts of minerals in the drinking water.
What do San Antonio Water Softeners do?
A water softener in San Antonio Texas removes unnecessary minerals from the water, which makes it purer. It is very important because the various minerals in tap water can add to your pets’ health problems. The main minerals in water include calcium, magnesium, and sodium.
Benefits of San Antonio Water Water Softeners Services to Your Pet
Pets can benefit from the San Antonio water softener service, but they must have a balanced amount of minerals in their diet. Supplying your pet with a water softener installation is a great idea and can help minimize the minerals in your pet’s diet. Some of the benefits include:
- Healthier Skin and Coat – Hardness in the water can make it harder for your pet to regulate temperature through their skin and fur. Mineral buildup from hard water infuses skin cells and increases shedding, which makes your pet’s coat look duller. They can get a sleek coat that feels softer and healthier when they drink soft water.
- Less Scaling – Hardness in the water can cause your pet’s skin to have a buildup of scales, which makes them look whiter and pastier. If your pet drinks softened water, their skin could be less sticky, and their coat will look healthier.
- Calcium Levels – Some calcium is good for pets, but too much calcium can cause a health condition called hypercalcemia, which can cause kidney stones or stomach irritation. Soft water doesn’t have a large amount of calcium, so drinking softened water will give your pet less of what they need and less of what they don’t.
- Taste and Texture – Your pet will enjoy softened water’s better taste and texture than hard water. They’ll drink a lot more when the water is better and maintain better hydration, keeping them happy and healthy. Soft water has a neutral taste due to the lack of minerals and additives, whereas hard water tastes more like the minerals it contains.
- Health – Your pet’s health will improve if they drink softened water. The absence of hard minerals in softened water will keep their kidneys, bladder, and stomach healthier. Hard water is linked to the onset of bladder stones, kidney stones, and urinary tract infections in dogs. Soft water reduces the calcium in the urine, so softer water can help your pet avoid having high calcium levels, which can cause kidney problems.
Note: If your pet is aquatic, such as a fish, seek advice from your vet about the water. If taking your pet to the vet is not an option, it is recommended that you have a water test done. It will help show you what minerals are in your tap water and whether any hardness is present.
Benefits of Water Softeners installation in San Antonio, TX by Reverse Osmosis
Reverse Osmosis is the process of purifying water by forcing it, under pressure, through a semi-permeable membrane. The process involves water flow from a highly concentrated solution through a membrane to a lower-concentrated solution. This process produces pure water that is safe for drinking.
Some of the benefits include:
- It is free from chemical and microbiological contaminants such as chlorine, lead, aluminum, etc.
- The Reverse Osmosis powerful filtration system filters out harmful particles from the water.
- Reduction of sodium level and hardness, thereby increasing water quality.
- Filtration of parasites and bacteria such as Giardia lamblia and Cryptosporidium.
- It eliminates excessive calcium and magnesium, improving water quality.
As you can see, soft water or water purified by a reverse osmosis filter running through your home will have many benefits in and around your home and even for your furry friends! Your pets will have softer skin, a better-looking coat, and feel healthier. They’ll drink more water and be more active because of the feel and taste of the water.
If you would like more information about water softener installation in San Antonio TX, contact us today to discuss your needs!